Covid-19 safety procedures
Dear guests, tenants and clients,
In light of the Covid-19 virus and the easing of lockdown throughout the UK, we wanted to update you on the steps we are taking at Urban Creation to ensure that all employees, guests and tenants feel as safe as possible when residing in one of our apartments.
Our main priorities are as follows:
- The health and wellbeing of guests, tenants and employees.
- To utilise remote working and booking systems as much as possible.
- To continuously develop plans in line with Government advice and guidelines.
- To remain operational and open for guests and tenants in accordance with the latest Government guidelines.
Health, Safety and wellbeing
We will continue to monitor advice from the Government, WHO and health authorities to ensure we are following the very latest processes and advice.
The most important measure to be taken to minimise the risk is good hygiene. Therefore it is imperative that all tenants and staff regularly wash their hands and clean their apartments thoroughly.
In addition to our already high standards of cleanliness, we have introduced new measures:
- Hand sanitisers
- We have installed pedal pump sanitisers at the entrances of all of our properties. Anyone entering the premises must first use this to sanitise their hands.
- Wall mounted automatic hand sanitisers have been placed in all shared laundry rooms (only applicable for student properties).
- Alongside their increased cleaning routine, our housekeeping team will be going in to each of our properties every morning and disinfecting all shared areas such as push pads and front door apartment handles.
- An electric sanitising sprayer (fogger) will be used across our portfolio of properties.
- All serviced apartments will be deep cleaned with this fogger after every departure.
- All common areas of our student properties will also regularly be cleaned with this.
- Urban Creation employees entering any of the premises will be wearing protective masks and gloves.
- Urban Creation employees will also only be entering if really necessary and to carry out essential maintenance work, such as fire alarm testing.
- Atlantic linen services.
- Our linen providers have also updated their processes and procedures. To find out about their policies please click here.
If a case is confirmed in one of our properties:
We will act quickly in line with relevant information from the authorities (see below).
- If a guest is displaying signs of the coronavirus (COVID-19) virus while staying in overnight accommodation for a permitted reason, they should inform the accommodation provider, immediately self-isolate where they are to minimise any risk of transmission, and request a test.
- If they are confirmed to have coronavirus (COVID-19), they should return home if they reasonably can. They should use private transport but only drive themselves if they can do so safely. If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority.
- The accommodation provider and guest should discuss next steps as soon as possible. If the guest is unable to return home, the accommodation provider and guest should discuss meal and laundry provision, and accommodation providers should consider whether symptomatic guests should clean their own rooms and strip their own beds.
- Unless otherwise provided for in the contractual terms of the booking, the guest will be expected to pay the costs of an extended stay in all but exceptional circumstances.
- Guests should follow government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
- Once the guest (and if appropriate their family) has finished the required self-isolation period and is no longer symptomatic, they should return to their main residence and continue to follow the government guidance on self-isolation, household isolation and social distancing.
- The premises that they are residing in will not be occupied or entered for at least 72 hours after the person has left and then a thorough deep clean will be actioned and we will deep clean any areas that the tenant has been in contact with.
If a guest feels symptomatic and/or is planning to get a test
- If a guest starts to show symptoms of Covid-19 or has been advised to take a test, they need to inform us as soon as possible.
- This is so we can begin to take precautions in the event of a positive test result.
As per Government guidelines, we have remained open and operational throughout the pandemic. To enable us to do this, we have implemented the following new measures:
- Remote working
- We have the ability to manage all bookings, enquiries and reservations remotely.
- This also includes issuing keys remotely for new guests and mobile key access for student tenants.
- Social distancing
- All social distancing guidelines will be adhered to.
- No reception areas
- There are no reception areas in any of our properties.
- Each of our properties include self-contained apartments.
- Risk assessments
- In line with Government guidance, we have taken out a full risk assessment for each of our properties to ensure we are fully in line with guidelines.
- Event of sickness/ self isolation
- We have developed plans for us to remain operational in the event of sickness or self isolation from employees and third party contractors.
Flexibility/ cancellation policies
Due to the uncertainty, we realise that plans are constantly changing and are therefore offering increased flexibility on our bookings and will therefore ensure that we will work with you as future developments happen and will do what we can to support you.
To change, amend or cancel any bookings for serviced apartments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all of your support during this challenging period and we want to assure you of our full commitment to running a safe and highly operational business at the high standards we always do, alongside providing the highest level of support and care for guests, tenants and employees.
The Urban Creation Team